Where are impounded animals housed?
The Dumb Friends League’s Buddy Center is the designated Douglas County Animal Shelter. Animals impounded by DCAS are transported to this facility where they will be cared for until reclaimed by their owner. In the event that the owner cannot be located the Buddy Center will then adopt the animal into a new loving and caring home.
The Buddy Center is located at 4556 Castleton Court in Castle Rock, CO 80104. If you pet has been lost or impounded contact DCAS at 303.660.7529 or call The Buddy Center at 303.751.5772.
What do I need to bring with me in order to pick up my pet?
If your pet is impounded by Douglas County Animal Services you will need to go to 4556 Castleton Court, Castle Rock, CO 80104, during business hours which are Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Weekends 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Closed Holiday’s. You can also call us at 303.660.7529 or the Buddy Center at 303.751.5772 during business hours for more information.
You will need to bring:
- A Drivers license or ID with your current address listed on it.
- If your address is not current you will need to bring something with your name and current address, such as a utility or phone bill
- Acceptable method of payment for the impound fees include: cash, Visa or MasterCard, American Express and debit cards.
- Acceptable proof of ownership including: Veterinarians records, photograph, registration information, adoption paperwork, or some other accepted proof that your are the legal owner of the animal.
What are the fees?
The fees are as follows:
- $50.00 for the Impoundment and $5 for each day for boarding, including the day it is picked up and the day it goes home. Acceptable methods of payment include: cash, Visa or MasterCard, American Express and debit cards.
- Example – If your dog is running loose you will pay the Impound Fee ($50) plus the ($5 boarding fee per day) and be issued a ticked for Leash law violation at the time you pick up your pet.
- Total for one (1) day $55 plus the fine listed on the citation.
- If your pet has been picked up several times by DCAS, a pet-at-large ticket may be issued by the Animal Control Officer. If you experiencing difficulty in keeping your pet confined and need assistance, please visit the Denver Dumb Friends League Behavior Helpline webpage to submit an online request.
** If you are issued a ticked for any animal violation you will not be able to pay the citation at the Animal Shelter, you will need to mail or appear in person to pay the fine at the address listed on the Violation.