Sheriff Spurlock enacts Stage 1 Fire Restrictions for Unincorporated Douglas CountyContinue Reading

File a Complaint About an Animal

You can call or file a complaint on-line about animals and their owners.

Call in your complaint 

To speak to an animal law enforcement officer about a complaint or concern, call Douglas County Animal Services (DCAS) at 303-660-7529.

An officer will respond and investigate the situation. If the officer witnesses a violation, appropriate legal action will be taken. Our officers cannot take legal action unless they witness a violation.

All calls received by DCAS are subject to open records laws and public inspection. There are exceptions, such as information identifying juveniles, medical information, and information about ongoing criminal investigations. In cases of barking dogs, the law requires us to provide the complainant’s name and address to the animal owner/keeper. 

File a complaint on-line

You may also report your concerns or complaints on-line.