Want to work long hours, late at night, in high stress situations?
Be a Victim Assistance Volunteer with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
This is a unique volunteer opportunity. Volunteers in this program assist victims of crime and surviving families in cases of death by providing immediate crisis intervention, referrals and follow-up support. Volunteer staff members work directly with sheriff’s deputies and investigators as well as other law enforcement agencies in Douglas County. This position requires reliability, integrity, discretion, and commitment. Because we are looking for a select and elite group of volunteers, the following criteria must be met:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Reside in Douglas County
- Complete application process, which includes an integrity interview, criminal history investigation, and polygraph test.
- Attend 45 hours of initial training
- Attend one evening meeting the second Monday of every month
- Be on call by phone three days a month
- Have reliable transportation
- Make a one year commitment
- Be able to cope with emotional and stressful situations
Now accepting Applications!