Deputies from the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office made a total of seven DUI arrests for the New Years Weekend from 12/30/2009 through 01/02/2010. Here is a quick breakdown.
- 18 yr. old REDDI report driver with suspended license
- 27 yr. old Displayed Switched License Plate
- 22 yr. old Driver passed out behind wheel in parking lot
- 21 yr. old Leaving a local bar/restaurant
- 43 yr. old female with child in car also arrested for resisting and child abuse
- 46 yr. old Driver leaving a local restaurant
- 21 yr. old Female leaving local bar
This enforcement period was part of the statewide “Heat Is On” DUI enforcement period December 30-Jan 4th.
According to preliminary reports, seven people were killed on Colorado roadways in alcohol-related crashes between Thanksgiving and Dec. 27th. That’s down nearly 50 percent from the same time period last year when 13 people died in alcohol-related crashes in Colorado.