Douglas County Sheriff Will Honor Citizens and Employees in Awards Ceremony to be Held on November 30th, at 5:30 p.m. at the Douglas County Phillip S. Miller Building
NARRATIVE: DOUGLAS COUNTY: Douglas County Sheriff David A. Weaver is honored to recognize several employees as well as citizens at an awards ceremony on November 30th, 2011 at 5:30 pm at The Douglas County Phillip S. Miller Building in the BOCC Hearing Room, located at 100 Third Street, Castle Rock, CO. Awards to be presented will include:
- Purple Heart: The Purple Heart is awarded to employees who suffer serious line of duty injuries (as defined in the C.R.S.) caused by the act of an aggressor and which are directly related to their law enforcement or detention service, either on or off-duty.
- Meritorious Service: awarded to members who contribute significantly to the Office over an extended period in operational or support functions by advancing the idea of excellence in police work.
- Meritorious Conduct: awarded to members whose conduct or performance is brave, exemplary, or where a significant risk of injury to the member exists.
- Life Saving: The Life Saving award is presented to those members of the Sheriff’s Office or citizens who exhibit extraordinary performance that results in the saving of a human life.
- Sheriff’s Commendation: award granted by the Sheriff to any member or citizen for an outstanding act or
achievement that brings credit upon the Office, which involves performance above and beyond that required by the member’s duty assignment. It is also awarded to citizens who perform an outstanding or heroic act worthy of Office recognition.
- Mounted Horse Patrol Donation Recipient
- Promotional Ceremony
Douglas County Sheriff David A. Weaver is especially proud of these ceremonies and finds that these awards symbolize the commitment that members of the Sheriff’s Office and citizens have to their community. “I am truly humbled to be surrounded by a group of people that show true heroism and dedication on a daily basis. This makes me extremely proud to be the Sheriff of Douglas County.”
All media outlets are invited to the ceremony.