Douglas County Sheriffs Office Current Fire Update on the Jefferson County North Fork Fire: 03/27/12 2:45 P.M.
**** Information Update Only****
- Location of the North Fork fire: Near Conifer, Aspen Park and Reynolds Park in SW Jefferson County
- Start Date: March 26
- approx 5000 acres burned
- 2 fatalities
- 15-30 structures burned
- Multiple aircraft/air resources actively fighting the fire
- 0 containment
- Conditions have improved today; however, the fire is still actively moving north and east.
- a spot fire has been located approximately 1 mile north of Waterton Canyon just west of Lockheed Martin- Jeffco is aware and they are taking actions to contain this
- more than 900 homes have been evacuated in Jeffco
- We are NOT calling for an evacuation at this time, however, this is a very complex and dangerous fire and citizens in the area of Roxborough and Waterton should take precautions and be prepared to evacuate if the conditions change.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL 911 UNLESS YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY.
No additional information is available at this time.