Douglas County Sheriffs Office Current Fire Update on the Jefferson County North Fork Fire: 03/28/12 10:00 A.M. (most likely this will be the only update today)
**** Information Update Only****
- The Fire has not grown
- Many Fire Crews and Air Support are still working the fire
- The spot fire located approximately 1 mile north of Waterton Canyon just west of Lockheed Martin- This spot fire was attacked via Air last night and appears to be contained
- Location of the North Fork fire: Near Conifer, Aspen Park and Reynolds Park in SW Jefferson County
- Start Date: March 26
- approx 4500 to 5000 acres burned
- 2 fatalities and 1 person missing
- Approximately 30 structures burned
- 0% containment
- Conditions have improved again today and look favorable for the next few days
- more than 900 homes have been evacuated in Jeffco
- We are NOT calling for an evacuation at this time, however, this is a very complex and dangerous fire and citizens in the area of Roxborough and Waterton should take precautions and be prepared to evacuate if the conditions change.
- Continue to Monitor the News and Radio for any evacuation updates.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL 911 UNLESS YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY.
No additional information is available at this time.