CONTACT #1:Fran Santagata, Douglas County Emergency Management Director, 303-660-7589
CONTACT #2:Sgt. Ron Hanavan, Public Information Officer, 303-814-7089
RELEASE DATE: 03/30/2012 RELEASE TIME: 10:30 am CASE NUMBER:
WHAT: Douglas County Commissioners and Sheriff David Weaver Approve Fire Restrictions
NARRATIVE: On March 30, 2012, The Douglas County Board of Commissioners Reinstated Ordinance No. O-003-001, an ordinance restricting open fires and open burning in the unincorporated areas of Douglas County including the National Forest.
By Order of Sheriff David A. Weaver Stage 2 fire restrictions shall be in place until further Executive Order of the Sheriff or formal action by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Open burning of any kind.
- Use and sale of fireworks.
- Use of charcoal grills and fires in chimineas, other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits.
- Campfires at developed campgrounds or picnic areas.
- Cooking on gas or liquid fueled stoves or grills.
Violation of these fire restrictions is a Class-2 Petty Offense, punishable by up to a $600.00 fine and a $22.00 surcharge.
Additional information on fire restriction stages can be located at the Douglas County Emergency Management website: