Douglas County Sheriff David A. Weaver is honored to recognize several employees as well as citizens at an awards ceremony on May 16, 2012 6:00 pm at Douglas County Miller Building, 100 third street Castle Rock, CO 80104 in the Board of County Commissioners Hearing Room.
Awards to be presented will include:
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Race-A-Cop and Deputy Ron King Memorial Scholarships.
- Life Saving: award is presented to those members of the Sheriff’s Office or citizens who exhibit extraordinary performance that results in the saving of a human life.
- Sheriff’s Cross is awarded to employees who suffer serious line of duty injuries which are directly related to their law enforcement service, either on or off-duty.
- Deputy Ron King Community Service Awards
- Meritorious Service: awarded to members who contribute significantly to the Office over an extended period in operational or support functions by advancing the idea of excellence in police work
Douglas County Sheriff David A. Weaver is especially proud of these ceremonies and finds that these awards symbolize the commitment that members of the Sheriff’s Office and citizens have to their community. “I am truly humbled to be surrounded by a group of people that show true heroism and dedication on a daily basis. This makes me extremely proud to be the Sheriff of Douglas County.”
All media outlets are invited to the ceremony.