Sheriff David A. Weaver would like to remind all Douglas County residents we still have fire danger and Stage One Fire Restrictions are still in effect. Ordinance No. O-003-001, an ordinance restricting open fires and open burning in the unincorporated areas of Douglas County.
General Guidance on Stage One restrictions follows below:
- Open burning of any kind.
- Use and sale of fireworks.
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, fireplaces within buildings, charcoal grill fires within developed residential or commercial areas, and fires within wood burning stoves.
- Professional fireworks displays permitted according to section 12-28-103 of the C.R.S.
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires.
- Tiki torches, small recreational fires at developed picnic or campground sites contained in permanent fire pits or fire grates with flame lengths not in excess of four feet and which are supervised by a responsible person at least 21 years of age.
Violation of these fire restrictions is a Class-2 Petty Offense, punishable by up to a $600.00 fine and a $22.00 surcharge.
Additional information on fire restriction stages can be located at the Douglas County Emergency Management website: