CRIME TREND INFORMATION
FOR BUSINESSES WITH OVERNIGHT PARKING TO INCLUDE HOTELS/MOTELS
The area of the Meridian and Inverness Parkway, have recently been experiencing a trend of theft of wheels/tires from vehicles. Most of these crimes occur overnight to vehicles that are parked in the parking lot of hotels and motels. The tires that are being stolen are tires with high-dollar rims. Douglas County as well as the metro area has seen an increase in these crimes.
Please notify the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office immediately of any suspicious activity at 303-660-7500 or in an emergency call 911.
DCSO wants to emphasize calling in suspicious activity. This information can help us to catch perpetrators committing these types of crimes. In a recent case, a neighbor contacted DCSO about suspicious occupants in a vehicle. This report resulted in contacting suspects that were getting ready to burglarize several homes.
PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO APPREHEND THE SUSPECTS YOURSELF
Here are a few tips to help deter these types of crimes:
- Park only in a well-lighted and a highly-visible location
- Park in higher traffic areas of the lot, if possible
- Move your car during the day to improve its’ location
- Remove all interior valuables from plain view
- Lock your doors and roll up all windows
- Use a highly-visible steering wheel or brake pedal locking device
- Use a car alarm and alarm decals, if possible
- Use valet parking for greater personal security, if available
Talk with your business neighbors. Ask them to report any suspicious persons or activities around your place of business to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. Good business neighbors make safe businesses.