The area of Highlands Ranch has recently been experiencing a trend of vehicle trespasses and criminal mischiefs to vehicles. Most of these crimes involve a trespass to an unlocked vehicle or to a garage where the garage door is left open. Numerous vehicles have also been spray painted.
Please notify the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office immediately of any suspicious activity at 303-660-7500 or in an emergency call 911. If you have information on these crimes, you are asked to contact the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office.
DCSO wants to emphasize calling in suspicious activity. This information can help us to catch perpetrators committing these types of crimes.
PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO APPREHEND THE SUSPECTS YOURSELF
Here are a few tips to help deter these types of crimes:
• Lock all vehicles regardless of whether they are parked outside or inside your garage.
• Do not leave any valuables in your car whether they are parked outside or inside your garage.
• Remove all garage door openers from any vehicles parked in your driveway or on the street.
• Check and make sure your garage door is closed before you go to bed at night.
• The door from your garage to your home should always be closed and locked. Treat the entrance door from the garage to your house the same as an exterior entrance.
Talk with your neighbors. Ask them to report any suspicious persons or activities around your home to Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. Good neighbors make safe neighborhoods.