The following fees have been established to offset the actual costs of research, redaction, and copying as allowed by law. These fees exclude fees set in CRS 24-72-306. The fee schedule is also posted at the records counter. All fees have been adopted by the Board of County Commissioners of Douglas County, Colorado, in Resolution number R-010-141, effective October 1, 2010.
|Offense, Incident, and Accident Reports||$10.00
|First 10 pages
|Sex Offender List||FREE||Must request in person, show ID and complete request forms|
|CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) Printout||$1.00||Per page|
|Field Interview Cards||$1.00||Each|
|Clerical Research Time for Records Request||FREE||Per hour in addition to copies|
|Criminal History/Background Check Letter||$10.00
|1 to 2 copies
Each additional copy
|1 to 2 cards
Each additional card
|Liquor License Fingerprint||$10.00
|2 cards – required
Required additional fee to be submitted at the time of fingerprinting: certified funds or a check from the establishment that the liquor license is for made payable to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
|Sex Offender Registration||$25.00
|Concealed Handgun Permit||$152.50
|Initial Application Fee- This fee includes the CBI’s fingerprint processing fee and all sheriff’s fees and costs.Concealed Hangun Permit renewals|
|Audio Cassettes/Compact Discs||$15.00
|Photo to digital||$25.00||Includes CD and processing|
Who Does Not Have To Pay?
If a victim of a crime is an applicant requesting a copy of the report in which they are listed as the victim, that report is provided to the applicant at no charge. Please note that Accidents do not have “victims of crime” therefore all involved parties must pay for copies if desired.
Military Recruiters do not have to pay for their background checks.
Law enforcement/criminal justice agencies do not have to pay for copies of reports, photos, and/or tapes.
All fees for service must be tendered when documents are delivered for processing. Check or money orders should be made payable to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office.
If documents are issued or returnable to a Colorado court, use the total for in state process. If documents are issued or returnable to a court outside of Colorado, use the total for out of state process.
Call 303-660-7527 for questions, if your documents are not listed, levy and seizure of property is required, or you need information on requirements for a sheriff’s judicial foreclosure sale.
Fees shown generally include the service of attached exhibits, complaints, motions, and answer forms. A subpoena would be considered a separate service and charged accordingly.
Pursuant to C.R.S. 30-1-105.5, as amended, in situations when two or more papers are served on the same person or different persons at the same time and place and in the same action, the Sheriff shall charge the highest individual fee allowable pursuant to C.R.S. 30-1-104, as amended, for the first process and an additional ten dollars ($10.00) for each subsequent process served. The Sheriff shall charge the single zone or zip code based mileage based fee for the first process.
|DOCUMENT||SERVICE FEE||NOTARY FEE
(For all out of state documents)
|Protection Orders (#1)||$35.00||$5.00|
|Notice of Levy||$35.00||$5.00|
|Subpoena in Civil Case||$40.00||$5.00|
|Subpoena in Criminal Case||$7.50||$5.00|
|Writ of Restitution (#3)||$135.00|
|Writ of Execution (#4, #7)||$40.00|
|Writ of Attachment (#4, #7)||$50.00|
|Order for Possession (#4)||$50.00|
|Levy of Personal Property||$50.00|
|Certificate of Levy (#5)||$30.00|
|Alias Return of Service (#6)||$5.00||$5.00|
Single mileage fee for the service of a writ, subpoena, or other process in other than a criminal action.
Milage Fee for the service of any writ, subpoena, or other process in a CRIMINAL case is $6.00.
|Cost shown is for EACH person to be served.|
|Cost shown is for each separately titled case.|
- Some may be at no charge if order is to protect from domestic violence, sex assault, or stalking and meet the requirement set forth in the Colorado Revised Statutes.
- Writ of Continuing Garnishments are to be served on the EMPLOYER, NOT the employee. Writs of Garnishment with Notice of Exemption and Pending Levy are to first be served on the Garnishee such as a bank account, AND THEN a copy may need to be served on the defendant. Provide instructions to as to which one (or both) the sheriff is to serve. If both, fees are double as this would be two separate service of process.
- When delivering the writ to the sheriff obtain a copy of our brochure, Sheriff’s Requirements for Writs of Restitution.
- If property is to be seized or levied upon, additional fees as shown under Levy of Personal Property or Certificate of Levy apply.
- Certificate of Levy is used to levy or seize real property. Sheriff will sign, seal, and date this document then record with the Clerk and Recorder. Send the required sheriff’s fees and a separate check payable to the Douglas County Clerk and Recorder in the amount of – $11.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page.
- If the plaintiff has lost, misplaced, or forgotten to bring their return of service to court and requires a replacement.
- May also require serving Notice of Levy documents for additional fees.