- Hours: Tuesday through Thursday, except holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Location: Public fingerprinting is done at the Sheriff’s Records unit, located in the Robert A. Christensen Justice Center, 4000 Justice Way, in Castle Rock, and at the Highlands Ranch Substation located at 9250 Zotos Drive in Highlands Ranch.
- Appointments: No appointment is necessary. You must sign in when you first arrive. Customers are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. If you leave, your name will be crossed off the list and you will lose your place in line.
- I.D. Requirements: You must present a valid, government issued driver’s license or other secure, verifiable photo ID prior to being fingerprinted.
- PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT YOUR CARDS PRIOR TO BEING FINGERPRINTED. This is because the prints are taken electronically. The computer will fill in the blanks on the fingerprint card automatically.
- Fees: Please click on ” Fee Schedule” under “Help Me With”
Who is Required to Provide Their Own Fingerprint Cards?
- Anyone whose prints must appear on an applicant card
- Licensed day care – obtain cards from social services or agency issuing license
- Foster & Adoptions (303-321-4164)
- Public Schools (Get cards from 303-866-6628)
- Gaming (Must get cards from 303-757-7555)
- Racing (Must get cards from 303-894-2990)
- P.O.S.T. (303-866-5385)
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office provides public fingerprinting for reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- Foster Care
- Employment and those that require bonding as a condition of employment
- Licenses (real estate, securities, liquor, etc.)
- Security clearance
- All school employees
Liquor License Fingerprinting:
We will perform fingerprinting for liquor licenses in Douglas County. We do not perform them for the cities/towns of Castle Rock, Lone Tree, or Parker. You must go to the appropriate police department if your license is through a city.
For liquor license fingerprinting there will be three (3) fingerprint cards completed and the following fees will apply:
- $13.00 for the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office can be cash, check or certified funds
- $38.50 in either certified funds or a check from the establishment that the liquor license is for made payable to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
Concealed Weapons Permit Fingerprinting:
For information on the fees associated with Concealed Weapons permits, please click on the fee schedule under “Help Me With”
Immigration (INS) Printing :
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is not allowed to and will NOT fingerprint citizens for immigration purposes. The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) provides a packet of information to citizens that explicitly explains that you MUST have your fingerprints taken at an INS Application Support Center (ASC) or an INS designated Law Enforcement Agency (DLEA). Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is NOT a DLEA. This information is posted in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office at the Records Unit window. If you have questions about fingerprinting for immigration purposes, the phone number you must call is (888)557-5398. This number is also in the packet you received from the INS. The packet gives you all the information you need about where you can go and when. The INS office is located at 4730 Paris Street; Denver, CO 80239.
If you are a citizen with a blue applicant fingerprint card for a visa and you are not going through INS, we will provide fingerprinting services for you, as long as you provide your own blue applicant card.