Our advocates respond to victims of crimes and family survivors in cases of violent and/or sudden death. Advocates address emotional issues, confusion and trauma. Advocates also make long-term referrals to help victims get on the path of recovery. They also act as a liaison between the criminal justice system and the victim.
The program is supported by a coordinator, three advocates, one part-time advocate and dedicated victim assistance volunteers. An advocate is always available for crisis response.
- Sgt. Anthony Arutunov, VA Coordinator, 303-660-7535 ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Barr, VA Advocate, 303-660-7535 ext. 3 or email@example.com
- Linda Banovich, VA Advocate, 303-660-7535 ext. 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Bradbury, VA Advocate, 303-660-7535 ext. 4, email@example.com
- Maddi Ring, VA Advocate, 303-660-7535 ext. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The unit strives to make sure that victims of violent crime know about services and their rights per the Colorado constitution.
All full time paid staff members have achieved national certification from the National Organization for Victim Assistance and international certification from the Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists. The entire staff has extensive experience providing services to victims, working with the court system, victim compensation programs, and legislative issues.