No appointment needed. Customers will be served on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hours – Tuesday through Thursday, except holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at
Highlands Ranch Substation
Sheriff Tony Spurlock / Undersheriff Holly Nicholson-Kluth
You must present a valid, government issued driver’s license or other secure, verifiable photo ID prior to being fingerprinted.
Please do not fill out your cards before you are fingerprinted. This is because the prints are taken electronically. The computer will fill in the blanks on the fingerprint card automatically.
Learn about the fees for fingerprinting.
The Sheriff’s Office provides public fingerprinting for many reasons:
- Foster care and adoptions
- To license a day care
- Employment and those that require bonding
- To get a state license for real estate, securities, liquor, etc.
- Security clearance
- All school employees including teachers and coaches
You may need to bring your own fingerprint card:
- For anyone who is being fingerprinted for an out of state licensing
- If special fingerprint card is required
Liquor License Fingerprinting
We only take fingerprints for liquor licenses in Douglas County. We do not perform fingerprinting for the cities/towns of Castle Rock, Lone Tree and Parker.
For liquor license fingerprinting, you need to pay these fees:
- The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office – $10.00, which can be paid with cash, check or credit card.
- Colorado Bureau of Investigation – $38.50, which can be paid with certified funds or a check from the liquor license establishment.
Concealed Weapons Permit Fingerprinting
Learn more about concealed weapons permits.
The DCSO is legally not allowed to fingerprint citizens for immigration purposes. Those fingerprints must be taken at an INS Application Support Center or an INS designated Law Enforcement Agency. The INS office is located at 4730 Paris Street; Denver, CO 80239.
We will perform fingerprinting services for you if you are a citizen with a blue applicant fingerprint card needing a Visa.