The Race-A-Cop was designed to promote positive interaction between cops and kids through some common interests; cars and music.
Race-A-Cop works together with the Douglas County School District’s automotive technologies programs to achieve our common goals in educating the students of our county. The objectives:
- Teach responsible driving.
- Educate kids about the dangers of alcohol and drugs while driving.
- Provide positive interaction between youth and law enforcement.
- Teach youth about the dangers of street racing.
The Race-A-Cop vehicle is showcased at the High School Drag Series, “Take it to the Track” night at Bandimere Speedway, car shows, parades, school events and special events. Deputies and high school students perform maintenance and modifications to the car. The car is funded through donations from corporate and resident sponsors.
1992 Chevrolet Camero RS (Police Package)
- Body Modifications
- 2 3/4″ Cowl induction hood
- Z28 Spoiler
- Custom flames
- B&M Megashifter
- Fully Functional Police package including light bar, police radio
- ZZ4 crate motor 350HP
- NOS cheater system 100HP
Donations can be made to:
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
C/O Community Resources
4000 Justice Way
Castle Rock, Co 80109