The Douglas County Sheriff’s Youth Explorer Post #10-4 is an all-volunteer auxiliary of Boy Scouts of America. The program allows young adults, 14 to 20, who are interested in exploring law enforcement jobs to interact and train with deputies.
Explorers also get the opportunity to:
- Learn about jobs in patrol, the jail and other areas of the office
- Help other law enforcement agencies
- Participate in regional and tactical competitions
- Volunteer throughout the community
- Meet other explorers and law enforcement officials around the country
Basic Requirements to be an Explorer:
- You must be at least 14 and have completed the 8th grade
- You must not yet be 18 years old
- Good physical and mental condition
- Minimum 2.0 grade point average
- Have approval from a parent or guardian
- You must attend weekly meetings on Tuesday nights at 6 p.m.
- Must complete 8 hours of community service every month
- You must be able to speak and write English
- You must be honest, mature, be self-disciplined and a go-getter
- Have a desire to learn
Applications are accepted August through October. For more information contact Deputy Dan Palermo at 303-660-7505 ext 6568.
Become a fan on Facebook DCSO Explorer Post 10-4