Spot the Warning Signs:
Smart People Fall for Scams Every Day
Lower your chances of falling victim to fraud:
- Never send money to people you haven’t met in person.
- Never send money to pay for taxes or fees on lottery or prize winnings.
- Never send money to pay for fines or warrants to government or law enforcement agencies.
- Never send money for an emergency situation without verifying that it’s a real emergency.
- Just because you can withdraw money for a check you received and deposited, doesn’t mean the check is good. It can take weeks for a check to bounce.
- Never send a money transfer for online purchases.