If you want to make a general complaint about bad drivers, please visit traffic complaints.
If you want to file an official report about an aggressive driver, call dispatcher at 303-660-7500. You will need to provide Dispatcher with the following informtion:
- driver’s license plate number
- where and when it happened
- your contact information.
It is possible for a deputy to write an aggressive driver a ticket based upon your observations. Note that you will be required to testify against the driver in court.
People who drive aggressively face stiffer penalties than other bad drivers under a local law passed in 1999.
What is aggressive driving?
- Following too closely
- Not staying inside one traffic lane
- Weaving in and out of traffic (Unsafe Lane Changes)
- Speeding up to beat a signal light
- Using the horn excessively
- Flashing headlights excessively at oncoming traffic
- Braking to get others to back off of your bumper
- Passing traffic and then slowing down to” teach the other driver a lesson”.