Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Victim Assistance Program has a cell phone donation project that has just expanded. The successful cell phone project has created a partnership with the Adult Services Division in Douglas County making phones available to senior adults. The project also accepts cell phones from the public for battered women to enhance their level of safety. That project is a partnership with the Douglas County Domestic Violence Task Force. The recipients use the donated phones as 911 emergency phones.
Members of the public can donate phones that are no longer in use that will be recycled for 911 emergency use only in our community. Seniors wanting to apply for the phones can call the Adult Services Division at 303-660-7519.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Victim Assistance Unit offers the following tips for donations:
- Be sure the phone is in good working order
- Cancel your service
- Be sure the phone is not “locked”
- Also donate the stationary charger
- Place phone and charger in a sealed clear plastic bag
- Enclose your name and address so we can acknowledge your donation
- Deliver to Victim Assistance at the Douglas County Justice Center at 4000 Justice Way in Castle Rock or the Highlands Ranch Substation at 9250 Zotos Dr. Highlands Ranch, CO 80126.
If you have questions about donating a phone, call the Victim Assistance Unit at 303-660-7535.