Records can be requested electronically, in person at the Douglas County Justice Center or at the Highlands Ranch Substation, or through US mail.
- Request the records through our online system by completing the Records Request Form or through the Open Records Portal. Note: The Open Records Portal charges extra processing fees.
- Visit either the Douglas County Justice Center or the Highlands Ranch Substation. We will provide you with a records request at the counter to complete. You can also download and complete the Records Request form and provide it to the clerk at the counter.
|Douglas County Justice Center
4000 Justice Way
Castle Rock, CO 80109
|Highlands Ranch Substation
9250 Zotos Drive
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
- Download and complete the Records Request form and mail the request to us at the Douglas County Justice Center. Please make sure to add “Attn: Records” on the envelope to ensure proper routing.
Inmate Jail Records and Medical Records
- Request the records through our online system by completing the Online Records Request for Jail Records form. You can also download the Records Request form and submit it through the mail or in person at the counter. If you are requesting medical records, you will need to download and complete the Medical Records Release Form and submit it with your request.
We will contact you within 72 business hours to verify receipt of the request. Fees and associated costs must be paid before the records are released. Note: If the report contains protected information, it will be removed or redacted.
Please call us at 303-660-7545 with any questions or concerns.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE RECORDS ACT (CJRA)
The Criminal Justice Records Act (CJRA), C.R.S. §24-72-306 pertains to law enforcement records. Most records are public and open to inspection.
If you are unable to find what you need online, please submit a records request to:
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office please email CJRA@dcsheriff.net
COLORADO OPEN RECORDS ACT (CORA)
The Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), C.R.S. §24-72-201 et seq. guarantees that the public has access to the records of government bodies at all levels in Colorado. Most records are public and open for inspection.
If you are unable to find what you need online, please submit an open records/CORA request to one of the following:
- All County Departments and Offices (excluding Sheriff ) email CORA@douglas.co.us