There are three ways to request records:
- Email – Request the records through our on-line records request. Note: This method charges extra processing fees.
- US Mail – If you want us to mail the records to you, records request here. Please call us at 303-660-7545 before making your request so that we can calculate the required fees.
- Pick up the records. Before you visit the Records Office to pick up your copies, first complete the records request here.
It will take about 72 hours to process your request. Fees and associated costs must be paid before the records are released. Note: If the report contains protected information, it will be removed or redacted.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE RECORDS ACT (CJRA)
The Criminal Justice Records Act (CJRA), C.R.S. §24-72-306 pertains to law enforcement records. Most records are public and open to inspection.
If you are unable to find what you need online, please submit a records request to:
- Sheriff’s Office please email CJRA@dcsheriff.net
COLORADO OPEN RECORDS ACT (CORA)
The Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), C.R.S. §24-72-201 et seq. guarantees that the public has access to the records of government bodies at all levels in Colorado. Most records are public and open for inspection.
If you are unable to find what you need online, please submit an open records/CORA request to one of the following:
- All County Departments and Offices (excluding Sheriff ) email CORA@douglas.co.us