Trespasses to vehicles are DOWN 28%! Let’s keep this trend going and don’t create a Crime of Opportunity. Thieves like to hit vehicles when they know the owners will be gone for a while: park and trailheads, movie theatres, and mass transit parking lots are prime locations.
Here are some tips and reminders to limit crimes of opportunity:
- Limit personal items left in your vehicle and keep them out of sight
- Place bags, purses, and other valuables in the trunk PRIOR to getting to your destination. You never know who is watching
- Never leave a convertible top down
- Never leave car windows open or doors unlocked
Other preventative options:
- Invest in a hitch safe or car safe