Sheriff Weekly announces NO fire restrictions currently in place.Continue Reading

Douglas County, Colorado – Aggressive and Drunk Drivers

If you see a drunk driver, someone driving aggressively, or road rage call 9-1-1 so that deputies can take immediate action.

Douglas County, Colorado includes the areas of the City of Castle Pines, Franktown, Highlands Ranch, Grandview Estates, Town of Larkspur, Louviers, Parker Heights, Parker North, Perry Park, Perry Pines, Pinery, Pradera, Roxborough, Sedalia, and Stonegate.

If you want to make a general complaint about bad drivers, please visit traffic complaints.

If you want to file an official report about an aggressive driver, call 911. You will need to provide the following information:

  • driver’s license plate number
  • where and when it happened
  • your contact information.

It is possible for a deputy to write an aggressive driver a ticket based upon your observations. Note that you will be required to testify against the driver in court.

People who drive aggressively face stiffer penalties than other bad drivers under a local law passed in 1999.

What is aggressive driving?

  • Following too closely
  • Not staying inside one traffic lane
  • Weaving in and out of traffic (Unsafe Lane Changes)
  • Speeding up to beat a signal light
  • Using the horn excessively
  • Flashing headlights excessively at oncoming traffic
  • Braking to get others to back off of your bumper
  • Passing traffic and then slowing down to” teach the other driver a lesson”.