- Be sure to carry plenty of windshield wiper fluid as liquid de-icers used to treat the roadways may stick to your windshield.
- Let the snowplow drivers do their jobs by giving them extra room. Slow down! Even roads that have been treated with liquid de-icers may be slippery.
- Don’t use cruise control when traveling in winter conditions.
- Be prepared. Have a scraper, snow brush, coat, hat, gloves, blanket, first aid kit, flashlight, tire chains, matches and nonperishable food in your car.
- Make sure your tires have good tread.
- Allow plenty of room between you and the car in front of you. If you have to react, you have a better chance of avoiding a collision with another car.