You can learn about some of the crimes that have been reported in your neighborhood online. DCSO uses a third-party vendor, RAIDS Online, to provide maps of select categories of crime.
The following types of crimes are specifically excluded from the information on this website: any incident before 2011; sexual assaults; crimes against at-risk juveniles or at-risk adults; death investigations other than homicides; child abuse; domestic violence; stalking; and any case that has been administratively locked or judicially sealed.
How to use RAIDS Online:
- Go the website and enter an address (perhaps your own) to get started.
- Define what crimes you want to look at by checking the boxes next to the crime title.
- Define what time period you want to look at by selecting and starting and ending date.
- Define how much area around your address you want to include in your search.
- Click the “search” button and “icons” will appear on the map on your screen. If you want to know specifics about these reported crimes, click on the icon for more information.