Effective September 7, 1996, any person engaged in door-to-door selling of merchandise or goods within unincorporated Douglas County is required by County Ordinance No.0-996-002 to register with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office through the Records Unit. Anyone in conjunction with nonprofit organizations is exempt from this ordinance. The Solicitor Registration Form.
Notice of Required Possession and Display:
Each business which registers will be issued a solicitor registration card which includes the business name, address, telephone number and description of merchandise or goods to be sold. Individuals who engage in selling door-to-door shall have in his/her possession an individual or business solicitor card issued by the Sheriff’s Office. Each person shall conspicuously display the solicitor registration card. Business’s registered in Colorado and who rotate employees through Douglas County can obtain a business card. Individuals can obtain a photo ID card. A business will have either a solicitor business card or individual cards per employee.
Any person who violates any provision of this ordinance commits a class 2 petty offense, a summons may be issued, and upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $600 for each separate violation.
$15.00 PER CARD
Instructions for completing the registration form:
- Print or type the information in each block. You must decide if you are registering as an individual or as a business. Only one individual card will be issued to each person. Solicitor business card requests must indicate the number of cards you need.
- Do not write or type in the shaded areas.
- When form is completed, send or take the form to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office at 4000 Justice Way, Castle Rock, CO 80109. You must also send or present documentation of your state tax ID and certificate of good standing from the State of Colorado at the time of application. If you do not have these documents or have questions on how to obtain them you can contact the Colorado Secretary of State’s Office at www.sos.state.co.us You must appear at the Sheriff’s office to pickup your cards.
- Fees are payable upon receipt of card. Acceptable forms of payment are check with preprinted name and address, cash, money order, certified check, cashiers check and credit cards.
- Cards are valid for one year from an issuance date.
- Call 303-660-7545 for information or for an appointment to pick up your card(s).
- You may fax your completed registration form to Attention Records prior to your appointment to expedite the processing. The fax number is 303-688-2602.